Chicken and Vegetable Curry with Basmati Rice
Posted on July 18, 2018 - 11:08am
Gabriel Gaté – Recipe for Diabetes. ( Gluten/ Lactose Free )
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 piece ginger ( 2cm piece )
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 8 skinless chicken pieces on the bone
- 2 small fennels
- 400g diced tomatoes (canned)
- 200g button mushrooms
- 1 cup peas
- freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 2 cups basmati rice
- Blend the onion, garlic and a 2cm piece of ginger to a fine purée or chop finely.
- Heat half the oil in a wok or non-stick, wide pan. Stir in the puréed ginger, onion and garlic. Add the cumin and fennel seeds and fry gently on low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon. Avoid browning.
- Add the curry powder and stir for about 30 seconds. Add the chicken pieces and stir well.
- Cut each fennel into 8 wedges and add along with diced tomatoes, chopped mushrooms and peas. Season with pepper and stir well. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Just before serving, stir in the lemon juice. Serve with Basmati rice, topping with coriander leaves at the very last moment. Serves 4. Enjoy !!
back to top