Date and Banana Flapjacks
Posted on May 16, 2018 - 9:14am
Wanting to include dates in your pregnancy diet? Why not try these delicious Date and Banana Flapjacks.
These soft baked flapjacks are sweetened with dates and banana, and packed with wholesome oats, buckwheat and quinoa, making them the perfect healthy treat for grown ups and children alike.
- 200g Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 large ripe banana
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 100ml boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 100g rolled oats
- 50g buckwheat flakes
- 50g quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160 C fan. Lightly grease a 20cm square baking tin with coconut oil and line with baking parchment.
- Blitz the dates, banana, coconut oil, water and vanilla in a blender until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oats, buckwheat, quinoa and baking powder.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined then transfer to your prepared slice tin. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden round the edges and firm in the middle. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- These flapjacks keep in an airtight container for 2 – 3 days and also freeze well.
Recipe from The Little Loaf – Homemade Memories.
back to top